The Lamb Island Lighthouse is located at the south end of the Nipigon Straits on Lake Superior. In 2015 the lighthouse was designated under the Heritage Lighthouse Protection Act by Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of the Environment and Minister responsible for Parks Canada. In 1877 the first light was erected on the island and provided two purposes, one was to ward boats away from the archipelago of islands and secondarily to identify to shipping traffic the eastern entrance to Nipigon Bay. Later in the sixties the site was modernized with a new steel light tower and out buildings. Now the site is somewhat abandoned with two dwellings, and several outbuilding.